At Oakham C of E and The Parks we have 8 House Captains. This year the children had to apply for the position; this involved meeting in house teams for the candidates to deliver a speech. The members of each house voted for their own representative.
The selected children take on a variety of roles and responsibilities within our school. They meet once per week and make decisions on a variety of different topics.
Their roles include:
- Offering friendship support during break times
- Planning charity events
- Pitching new ideas other children have to improve the school
- Demonstrating the school values and 4Ps
- Welcoming visitors and delivering tour
- Scoring the cloakrooms for the ‘Tidy Cloakroom’ award
- Counting weekly house totals
- Monitoring corridors to ensure children are walking sensibly to and from assembly